1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 GMC Jimmy For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Sep 19, 2004.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Hey guys,

Is anyone interested in this truck? A friend is selling it and is getting frustrated. Let me give you the specs on this one....

1991 GMC Jimmy
    PW, PDL, PS, PB, Ptailgate, A/C (not charged).... 90% finished project truck. Sold Certified and Etested with Ontario Standards. If I remember right the truck has around 150,000 original km's (approx. 95000 miles)

350 TBI and four speed automatic overdrive tranny (700R4), untouched except for regular maintenance and recent tuneup. Has a Hypertech chip in the computer.

6" (I think) lift kit (suspension, no body lift). This necessitated an aftermarket cross-over steering setup and a double-knuckled rear driveshaft (CV joint like the front). Did I mention Rancho Shocks and steering stabilizers?

14 Bolt rear end with genuine Detroit Locker. Dana 44 front with limited slip (positraction). I believe it has 4.11 gears.

Tires are BFG Mud Terrains mounted on American Racing aluminum wheels.

Truck needs a paint job (still has original dark blue paint) has no rust. There are a couple small patches in the floor that a previous owner did kinda crudely that should be redone but no rush on those.... we're talking real small spots up in the passenger area, not in the rear where they normally go badly. Speaking of passenger area, the interior is a little mismatched (colorwise, grey Suburban buckets, door panels and dashpad, blue rear seat, belts, etc.) right now and there is no carpet. Needs finishing.

Truck has a brand new OEM GM tailgate (paid $900) that has not been installed, as the original one is cracking near the glass. Truck also has the fancy style dual headlight and chrome grille setup, but the incorrect Chevy grille is installed, not the proper GMC.

The good news is that ALL OF THESE PARTS have less than 2500 km's on them. The bad news is that a 'previously committed buyer' put a deposit on the truck and took it for an off-road test drive..... bad move, the guy ran the passenger door and quarter along a tree. A replacement door will be provided with the truck, but the quarter needs the massage of a pro. Very sad incident, truck was very straight. We threw the guy out (because he decided he didn't want to go offroading anymore so buying the truck was out) and kept the deposit to partially pay for the damages.

As a result, the price has had to be durastically lowered. We were asking $8000 Canadian for the truck, but now I know he will take $6000 Cdn cash for it.... that's somewhere in the neighbourhood of $4700-5000 US (don't know the exact conversion rate right now) He spent more than twice that on the truck.

Why is he selling it? He bought a Duramax GMC truck and has to make payments so everything is going, including his project truck...

I personally drove the truck for about a month (maybe 3-400 km's) and can personally vouch for the mechanical condition of the truck and would drive it anywhere. Let me say that it HAD NEVER BEEN OFFROADED until this guy test-drove it.

Locals, feel free to come and check it out. I can take photo's of the truck in and out for anyone serious. Feel free to contact me at derekbroerse@hotmail.com Truck is located just outside of Niagara Falls, Ontario.

ps This photo was taken while I had it back in June... ie: doesn't show the damage. I will take as many current photos as you want if you are interested in the truck.

2. derekbroerse

No takers?

This truck has seemingly endless amounts of traction... with a short wheelbase for quick turns, would make one hell of a plow truck... runs and drives great...

A great deal for the right person, so please mention it to any 4x4 enthuesiests you may know, if they've ever priced these parts to build one of their own they know this is dirt cheap!

WHOOPS! Just noticed my above post said the pics I took were in June, but one look at the pic (lack of leaves on the tree) says thats impossible!! lol Must have been more like April, as the other pics I have from that same day show my truck with no plow and no plow even to be seen (ie: put away for the year already).... sure doesn't seem like that long ago but I guess it is... How about we just say 'spring' instead? lol
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds & looks like a good truck. Does it have a plow that goes on it? I am really looking for a F250, but will keep my ears open for someone searching for a Blazer.
  4. derekbroerse

I suspect he would deal a bit... he has a 7.5' Western straight blade, but it would take some mods to the mount to fit due to the lift kit. I'm sure something could be hammered out if someone wanted it for plowing....
  5. derekbroerse

No takers anyone?