1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 GMC 2500HD Pic

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bigdaddyracing, Jan 9, 2005.

1. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

This is my Plow truck for the last 3 seasons. Had a few issues along the way, but no breakdowns last year and none so far this year (touch wood). The plow is an ex highway plow (Frink) that has been modified. It is a poly plow with a super heavy duty A Frame. The hydraulic pump is mounted under the hood (no freeze ups) and is a Monarch M683, which is what is used on the Arctic Plows. The plow measures 9' across and sits out from the truck quite aways, so it angles very well for throwing snow. I will post more pics of the truck and plow when I get them.

trucklarge.jpg

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Welcome to Plowsite. That is a nice looking setup. How does your truck handle the 9ft plow? Have you had to do anything to the front suspension?
    Again welcome :waving:

William

3. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Hey, Thanks for the welcome... I carry about 300-350 pounds of cement retaining wall stones in the bed of the truck and I turned up the torsion bars 3 turns. If I don't turn the torsion bars up, the front end sags about 2-2.5 inches, but still lots of clearance on the mount. Plow works excellent, fast for doing driveways and parking lots. It ways about 900 pounds so backdragging is good too.

4. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Here are a few more pics...

truckside.jpg

5. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Back Rack with backup lights and blue light. Blue is the only colour that we can use in Ontario for Snowplows.

backrack.jpg

6. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

here is the plow - it use to have cylinders at the end of the plow that would actually curl one end open and one end closed so that you could turn it into a one way highway plow.

plow.jpg

7. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Here is a close-up of the harness

harness.jpg

8. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Front view.

truckfront.jpg

9. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Here is my kubota backhoe with the 5' Lucknow snowblower.

kubotaside.jpg

10. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

here is a pick of the blower

kubotablower.jpg

11. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Viking Sives owns Frink now and makes the same model still... but under a different name - The Flex Plow. :cool: Very nice plows. You should put your hydraulics back on that Super Trac

12. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

You are right Bolensdriver, Viking does still make it. It is a bigger plow now and much heavier than the one I have. The reason that i took the outside cylinders off was to reduce the weight. The other thing was that the plow pump was not original and every time I actuated the outside cylinders, the pump would blow the seals inside. I don't use the plow for streets or highway use, just residential, so I really didn't have a use for the cylinders. I bought this plow because of its strength and width, and it only cost $1000.00 Canadian and $400 to install.

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Good deal on it. :nod: Frink Plows Rock! Viking Cives Rock!