1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 Ford L9000 Plowing Video.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I took this video today while I was plowing with my uncle today. It's 1991 Ford L9000 with an 11' plow and 11' wing plowing the Bartlett Road in Belgrade Maine. Sorry that we was only plowing about 2 inches of snow. But, it's a pretty good video of what it's like to plow in a big truck.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NgQy0VoGnw to wach the video.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice video, I really like the side blade, see if he will make a video of the controls at work and some out side shots of the truck plowing.

3. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I like that vidio, boy it is my dream to get real snow here in KY, I am waitting for a good snow for a long time now.

4. Freebird

Freebird Member

Have you ever tried to convince him to let you drive?

5. mercer_me

I'm the one who did the filming. I will try to get some shots of the controls and some out side shots next storm.

I'm only 17 so his isurance won't cover me. In a couple years I will be all done school so I will drive for him then

6. mercer_me

7. mercer_me

We are suposed to get 8 to 14 inches tomarow so I will try to get more videos. Maybe I can get some videos of other trucks and the loader to.

8. mercer_me

I didn't get any plowing videos yesterday. But, I did get a video of my uncle running his CAT 928G loader, loading sand into the body of his 1992 Ford L9000. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jr2g8vVXV4 to wach the video.

9. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

that's a lot of levers and controls in that truck

10. mercer_me

Ya, there is 2 levers for the plow, 2 levers for the wing, 1 lever for the fron dump and 1 lever for the regular back dump. There is also a sander control that has spinner speed and chain speed. It's not that hard to figure out after you done it for a while.