1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 Ford F250 with 8' UniMount - Rust Free - New Engine!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by The Duke, Feb 6, 2008.

1. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

I am selling my 1991 F250. The truck has about 97,000 miles, but has less than 3,000 on new engine. The truck has some cosmetic flaws, but has no rust. The cab corners are all solid. The bed is a little beat up, but I have a new one that is in good shape and has a bedliner that I will include for askng price, or sell seperately for $300. New Mud Tires with less than 1,000 miles. Pioneer Stereo with CD player.

It has the 351 paired with a 4 speed manual with overdrive(basicly a 5 speed). 4x4 works great and has the manual hubs up front.

Front end is nice and tight as well.

This truck isn't pretty from the outside, but mechanically it is in great shape. It was never used as a plow truck. All I did was put the plow on this year, but only plowed with it once.

It has a Western Unimount plow wiring in it, and I will leave it in if you want to buy the plow with the truck. The plow is an 8' with a new pump.

Truck with plow and new bed $4200.
    Truck with new bed $3200.
    Plow alone $1000.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have any pictures?

3. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are the only pics that I have right now.

The only thing that it will need to be a nice looking truck is a new passengers side fender and a paint job. The intierior needs a shampoo, but it is a 17 year old truck.

4. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

Anyone? C'mon guys this needs to go!

5. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

too bad you aren't a little closer to me I would be interested. What about the price can we move on it a bit???

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Wisconsin are you?

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I am also wondering, where in wisconsin you are, and how much for it without the plow and bedliner? I am looking for a truck, and this is almost exactly what I want (no 6.9 powerstroke would take care of the almost part).

8. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

I am in Milwaukee Area.

For the truck as it sits without the plow or new bed, around $2900. I paid $3200 for it about 8 months ago and my mechanic looked at it and said it was a steal for the mechanical condition it is in.

The only other thing to note is that I was told that the 3rd gear syncro may be starting to go. I never noticed it myself, but when someone else drove it once they said it felt funny. I tried shiftinf really fast once and it does feel funny, but I don't ussually floor it(it's a truck, not a race car), so they said if I shift slower I wouldn't notice. I am also told that it doesn't hurt the transmission to drive it like that as long as it doesn't grind. It doesn't grind when I drive it normally.

9. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

Oh yeah, PM me with any offers.

Thanks.

10. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

C'mon guys. I have a new vehicle lined up and I need the cash to buy it.

Make offers.

For list price, I would be willing to drive up to an hour from Milwaukee to meet you.

11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

GOSH DARN! I like that truck! But I cant go that far, and dad would say, too much hassle. Sorry, closest I could come is Reedsburg, (relatives) but that be hard to do right now.

12. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

I may be willing to meet in the Dells if you are serious.

13. Keith_480231

What would be a hour from you? The reason I ask is I am in the metro detroit area. Maybe just a little to far. Sounds like a great deal though. I have a '91 F-250 and it is a great truck. Let me think for a bit.

14. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

Detroit itself is about 5.5 hours. I know there is a ferry that runs across as well, but I'm not sure where it goes to or if it would be quicker/cheaper/closer.

If you are willing to pay for gas, I could drive it over for you. That goes for the guy in Minnesota as well.

Thanks.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you still have the plow? If so do you have any pics and is the asking price still the same? You said your around milwaukee right?

I might have a friend interested from northern IL.

16. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

Still have the plow. I do have someone interest in the whole package, though.

17. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

BTT. Anyone? It still has warranty on the new engine!

Someone must want it!

18. Keith_480231

Damn! Really Like the truck and would like to buy w/plow! But wife says I have to get rid of my other plow truck first.This sucks need to find someone to buy my truck first. It is a '91 F-250 also w/4spd and o/d. Looking for $2000. Decent shape w/150,000 mi. I also have a tailgate salter and a 7.5 plow and a JohnDeere 724D snowblower. You are probably not interested in trades and cash right?

19. Keith_480231

Didn't think you would be interested.

20. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member