1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 ford 250 horn issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Nov 11, 2011.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I posted this problem in a previous tread dealing with my turn signal issues.

I, replaced the ignition rod last year that connects the tumbler to the rod to the ignition switch, ever since pulling the steering wheel my horn hasn't worked on the wheel when I press it.

my horn sounds when the steering wheel is off. I can push on the two buttons/rods to make it sound but when I get everything back together it doesn't work. Today while I was fixing my turn signals and steering wheel wobbel. I broke the end of the black wires that goes into the bolts holes on the steering wheel. the wires run from the steering wheel pad (pad has horn and cruse control buttons) to the steering wheel bolts holes used for pulling the steering wheel. I put everything back together and touched the wires to the location they go and the horn still doesn't work. tomorrow I plan to replace the wire ends and button everything back up. I don't think the horn is going to work. If I can;t geet it I plan to use a horn button on the dash.

does anyone have any ides on what I'm missing? also where are the hors located so that I can wire the buttons? my hyans manul says they are on the radiator support but I don't see them.

thanks for the help.

2. james.j.smith

from 19033

got the horn fixed this morning, I replaced the broken connector and tighten the steering wheel using a breaker bar till I couldn't get another turn out of the steering wheel nut and when I was done the horn worked. thanks for all the help this site has really helped me with my truck issues.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's one of the issues the "book" will never address. The others are heat / cool controls, wiper control and cruise control.

4. james.j.smith

from 19033

the book doesn't seems to address that much but the pictures help and it's a good reference if you know how to read between the lines

funny you should mention the issues above since my cruise doesn't work. doesn't bother me since I don't drive the truck long distances and don't really use cruise in my new cars.

Heat cool controls. heat works great but AC is down

wiper controls are working but the washer isn't this is my next issue I'm goint to try and tackel.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Wife always gets the extended warranty when we buy a vehicle. She always makes out on it! Two or 3 times what She paid for it in repairs. Windstar's Wipers were acting up. The guy replaced everything but the blades and arms. I asked him why? He said the book really does not give information on how to test. He would spend the amount of time testing, then all the parts are worth. He just replaces everything, it has a full warranty. End of problem.