1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 F250 to 2000 F150 Transfer?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by samarium, Aug 5, 2009.

1. samarium

samarium Junior Member

I just "procured" a Meyer ST 7.5' plow with classic mount #17092 from an older F250. http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/17092 Mtg. 1-651R5.pdf.

Thoughts on transfering to a 2000 F150? The clevis frame uses removeable side members and braces. I'm sure it's too good to be true to think that I could get different side members and braces to mount up to my F150. Any chance that this could be done? I believe I can buy the 17108 frame, but if I could save cash and reuse the 17092 that would be great.

Also would appreciate your comments on using my standard 2000 F-150 4x4 without any special plow package. I'm only going to be plowing my driveway, and maybe one or two family members. I would be traveling around different towns with the plow, and highway. What are the minimum additions I should put on the front end? Alternator?

Thanks for your advice!!

Todd

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The clevis frames are not the same width between those two applications so you'll still need a complete (and of course different) mounting carton.

A set of Timbrens on the front and a few turns on the torsion bars will do the job to support the plows weight.

An upgraded alternator, battery, and cables is never a bad idea on a plow equipped truck. And if it's auto trans equipped be sure it has a heavy duty trans cooler on it. If not add one.