1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 F-250 Setup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RUJusten, Jan 27, 2014.

1. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

This is my 1991 F-250 with a 7.5L 460 gasser. Bulletproof rebuilt E4OD Tranny and 4.11 gears in the rear. Plow is a brand new (used twice since I purchased it) Western Pro Plow 8'. Enjoy!

image.jpg

2. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

For some reason, my original post wouldn't let me post more than one pic.

image.jpg

3. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Picture 3 - this was last week when we were almost done cleaning one of our sites.

image.jpg

4. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Nice lookin' brick noseThumbs Up... Original or has it been re-done?

5. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Thanks for the kind words. Completely original, except the tranny - had to have it rebuilt before I put the Western on it. Has 185k on it and runs like an absolute champ. I've owned quite a few trucks in my day, and this is by far my favorite I've ever had. No rust either (not even over the wheel wells or tailgate) which is an absolute shocker.

6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice Looking old, old body style!!!

7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

nice. i like the mid 90's aluminum rims. the 2 tone paint is nice - grey and black looks sweet. is it original paint, or has it been resprayed?

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice Thumbs Up

9. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Appreciate it!

I love those rims too. Makes the truck look a little newer than what is it. This is the original paint - never been re-sprayed. I painted the roof and going to paint the hood this spring because I had/have some sun spots. The interior is in just as good of shape as the exterior. BTW, I paid $3500 for this truck...absolutely stole it! The guy was going through a divorce and wanted to liquidate all his toys so that the Ex wouldn't get them.

Thanks so much!

10. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

BTW - not sure why these pictures are turned sideways. When I uploaded on my iPad they were not sideways. Technology isn't my best friend half the time.

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Beautiful truck, you should be proud of that.Thumbs Up

12. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Thanks bud! I sure am proud of her.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That...is...saaaaawwwweeeeeeet!!!

14. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Thanks man!

15. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

That truck is mint thanks for sharing

16. Scott Long

Scott Long Junior Member

4.11's in the rear? Matching in the front?

What'd you pay to have the trans beefed up?

17. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Appreciate it! Hopefully we'll get another storm so I can take some videos of it in action. I'm about to put some headers and new Y pipe on her because the Y pipe is leaking a little bit - more annoying than anything else.

The rear and front gears match, yes. To have the tranny rebuilt with all new Red Devil clutches/gears/gaskets it was $3200. Had a very reputable tranny expert that's been rebuilding E4OD's for 30+ years handle it. It's got a really nice shift kit and beefy torque converter too....basically in layman's terms is assured this is beefier than a diesel tranny (c6 comparison). I've been very pleased with it thus far...plows and tows my boat with ease. It'll pass everything but a gas station!!!

18. Scott Long

Scott Long Junior Member

Sounds beefy. I had my 700R4 done this past spring and it ran me about $1700 something. I didn't get the best stuff either but I did upgrade a trans cooler.

19. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Trans coolers are essential when towing/plowing. When I saw the kit he put in my truck you could see that the normal rebuild kits had gasket-like material for the gaskets/seals....the Red Devil kit comes with brass material gaskets/seals/clutches. The heat doesn't affect them as much. Then again, the price is almost double what you paid. Since I got the truck for so cheap, I went ahead and invested what I needed to to make sure I wouldn't be left on the side if the road in 10 degree weather with no 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear. It was definitely expensive, but hopefully I won't have to address the tranny for a very long time now.

What kind of truck do you have Scott?

20. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

This was my Bronco I sold last year...missed having a pickup - but boy was that Bronco fun with the top off.

image.jpg