1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 Dodge Dakota 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ad8705, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ad8705

ad8705 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Yes all my freinds tell me that this truck wont take a plow. Well i think they are full of it. Whats your opinions? Its a 1991 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 4x4.

Thanks

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

tell me more my friend. Is it a V6 or a V8. I have seen some dakota plow trucks and they perform fine. I know of one gentleman on here with a fisher on his. I saw one just today with a meyer on it. I know of a dodge dealer in town with one like yours with a 7 foot western on it also.

Jay

3. ad8705

ad8705 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Reply to

Well its a 1991 Dodge Dakota 3.9l V6. I was also wondering what kind of plow i should get and how big. Thanks

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

96 Dodge Dakota 3.9 with a Fisher 7' Minute Mount and 420lbs. of ballast thats what a guy here on plowsite has for his dakota.

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  6. Plow Dak

Plow Dak Member
    from Maine

It plows fine..

If you want some info on my Dak i'll be more than happy to help
    you. Just send me your questions.
    Mike

7. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i have a 6.5' meyers on my 88 dakota 3.9 v6. 5 speed...it has served me well..

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a 93 club cab with 5.2 6.5 blade i think its to small the blade that is but my truck sits on 31's and the truck is stock sits pretty high i dont have any problems