1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 chevy cutting out

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by loc, Feb 5, 2011.

1. loc

loc Junior Member

My 1991 chevy 1500 with the 350 as started to act up a bit. When the temp outside starts to warm up above 40 the truck starts to cut out and loose power. Any one else ran into this problem? I figured I would ask here first. Then let my mechanic take my money. Just when I get the plow working perfect this happens.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

good info on www.thirdgen.org if you wana read and get super help.

thay do lots of tbi mods and performance. and got good info.

i do know tbi is stupid simple in parts. and wont throw a check engine light unless super bad.

need to see if there is codes stored even if no light on. and possible drive with scanner in when acting up to read data and find out whats droping out and making it run like crap.

3. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

i would be checking the distirbutor too.. i have seen the housing break and cause it too go out of time.. also if tbi with the two injectors check the wiring make sure didnt pinch with air cleaner housing.. and then look at the spray from each injector have seen many bad injectors