1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1991 Blazer With Fisher Plow: Hydraulic Cables

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by csabatier8230, Dec 12, 2008.

1. csabatier8230

csabatier8230 Junior Member

Quick question,
    I'm new to snowplowing, just started last year, I can't remember where to hook up the hydraulic cables. There are two low cables on the left and right pistons, where do the hoses hook up. A picture would be helpful if anyone has one. Thanks.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you mean your hydraulic hoses. There should be two hoses or fittings coming out of your grill, or that general area. Usually the the hoses on the plow rams are hooked together in the offseason. One side is a male fitting, the other is a female. Disconnect them, and they will connect to your truck. The left and right fittings can be hooked up only one way. You may need some WD-40 or PB to loosen them up. Pliers may be helpful if they're really sticking.

3. csabatier8230

csabatier8230 Junior Member

Thanks a lot