1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 yj

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by PrinothPro, Oct 5, 2012.

1. PrinothPro

PrinothPro Junior Member

Hello guys, I have 1990 YJ with carbed 4.2 auto with 2" lift with 32" tires. My neighbor has older 78" Myers plow that was on his YJ. I am thinking about getting it and install it on my Jeep and make some extra money. Jeep is my DD and I know plowing is hard on everything.

I am thinking about joining snow removal company and using it to plow residential driveways with my own vehicle.

Should I run other way and save my jeep or go with it? I could use all advices I can get.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

The jeep will be fine as long as you do not abuse it... i.e.: spin the wheels. The plow is fine for the YJ, take it easy on the jeep (low speed), pay attention and you will be fine. But the real question is how bad do you need/want the money? Only you can answer that question...
  3. 1ATony

1ATony Junior Member

Is it a standard? I'm pretty sure that year YJ still had the Pugeot transmission in it, which wasn't the best of trannys.

I bult an 89 for my friend years ago and we ended up putting 3 trannys in that one off roading. If you're careful with it you should be ok. Just take your time plowing.