1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 throttle body

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by roteye38, Dec 5, 2009.

1. roteye38

roteye38 Member

my 90 throttle body plates are seized up they wont move any ideas on getting them freed up i took it off and been spaying wd40 on them but know luck
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Get some throttle body cleaner and try that. Get the one made by CRC, it is the best and the one I always use. Spray it in there and let it soak, and spray any levers/springs associated with it. If that dont work, soak it in PB blaster and that should get it loose. If that still doesnt work, you will probably have to soak it in something overnight and possibly look into rebuilding it.
  3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

soak it in pb blaster. I also have heard very good things about fluid film. Haven't used it yet so I can't speak personally, but from what I hear if you soak it in that stuff for a half hour it will work like new.
  4. chp

chp Junior Member

GM offers heat hiser lube that will cut some crud , also their top engine cleaner works great on carbon buildup