1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Gmc Suburban Sle 3/4-4x4- 360 V-8

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kingriver, Nov 12, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I would like to get some feedback from people who actually have either owned a similiar truck or who still own a similiar truck. Last year I decided not to retire this old BEAST and to put a Western Pro Plow on her. It has the double shocks up front with leaf springs. When I am driving and hit a bump the front seems to want to kinda drift alittle due to the extra weight of the plow. I made a containment box and placed around 350/400 lbs over the rear area, helps but not the trick,,, What would be my best solution to make the suspension tighter, :cool:
  2. payton

payton Senior Member

since when did burbs come out with a 360 or was that just a typo?
  3. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

yea, typo 350 v-8
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Probably the cheapest and simplest is a basic Add-A-Leaf kit for the front, but be advised that it will ride stiffer too--not a problem if it is basically a work truck now. 'Burbans are sprung a little soft for comfort... The dual shocks (optional) are more of a stability helper, not a weight booster. Keep the tire pressure up too, less slop in the sidewalls then... Speaking of which, check that the tires are LT's and not P's...
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2005