1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 GMC 3500 Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jlw876, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

1990 GMC 3500 1-ton truck with a 350 tbi motor in it. Motor has 94,000 miles on it.
    Full size truck with a conventional Western 8ft blade. Starts up no problems everyday.
    Dually with 8ft box salter on back.
    I've replaced the carb on the Tecumseh motor, chains on sprockets/clutch.
    Rewired it so the salter can run. 11/09
    Salter motor runs great, needs a battery though.

I've redone just about the whole brake system, pads, rototrs, calipers up front.
    Bearings, drums, shoes in back.12/08
    Rebuilt Trans in Oct of '08, including new lines & filter.
    New drive shaft, 2 u-joints & reseal transfer case.
    New muffler & pipe from Cat back.11/08
    New Idler pulley up front.12/09

Make me an offer!!
    Located in the Chicagoland area!

Pictures 020 (Medium).jpg

Pictures 024 (Medium).jpg

Pictures 026 (Medium).jpg

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

How bad is the frame??

3. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Frame is solid! I would keep it but don't need it! Also, I'm not here to bs someone about the truck. I stated everything that I did to it..I'm taking a loss on it but oh well. You live & learn. If you'd like more pics, I can take more & send them to you. Let me know..

Thanks

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

4x4? Hows the conveyor chain on the spreader? I might be interested, but it's kind far.

5. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Yes, its 4 x 4..that's one thing it might need a chain. I turn the spinner & the chain moves towards the back (like it's spreading the salt/sand but it bunches up after a few turns of the spinner. So either the chain is broken, or the sprocket/bearing up front isn't turning so the chain can go completely around. But everything else works. I think it's a 2yd spreader..it has a lil extension on the top of the spreader..so it can hold alot of salt/sand.

6. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I'll make you an offer, $1500?

7. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Make me a reasonable offer!! I have over $4500 into it! I'm asking at least $3000

8. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

well you did say "make an offer" and that you were going to "lose money"..... My offer still stands.

9. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

I'm not looking to lose $3000 on the truck. I know it's worth at least $3000.

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

good luck on 3k

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i think it would be worth around 3k IF the salter was working, maybe. 1500-1800 is really what this thing is worth.

12. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Salter works..just gotta find out if it's the chain or sprocket that needs to be replaced.

13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Needs a lot of work! $2000k should get it sold. Best of luck either way!!

14. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

The only work it needs is the Salter chain...other than nothing else is wrong!!

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Someone needs a reality check hahahaaa

16. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Someone needs to stop trying to give a low ball offer!! Hahaha

17. procut

procut Senior Member

I would say fix it so it's in working condition, maybe paint the spreader quick and take off that bent up running board and I don't 3k would be out of the question.

18. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Yea, I'm going to fix it this week, I'll take off that running board also. Some people just like to give a low ball offer, so they can get it cheaper. It'll probably be a simple fix. I'll repost this truck next week!! The only reason I took off the drivers side was b/c it was rusted & full of holes. I agree the passenger side looks alot better than the drivers side. But, I've only had it for a year.

19. Ebbster

Ebbster Junior Member

I am very interested in the truck in the shape that its in now. call me at 502-417-4702

20. jlw876

jlw876 Junior Member

Ebbster, you're willing to take it as is?? You coming to Chicago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.