1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 f450 superduty rear brake lines

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by starc, Nov 2, 2008.

1. starc

starc Senior Member

I have a 1990 f450 superduty with 4 wheel disc brakes. The rear rubber flex lines are in great shape but the steel lines are looking a little rusty. I removed the rear lines and flex lines in one piece figuring I would separate the two once in the shop. I discovered the flex hoses and steel line are one piece (don't come apart) I was planning on using this truck for snow plowing and usually change most steel brake lines every year due to salt eating away at them. Is there a way that I can possibly get a set of lines and hoses that come apart so I don't need to replace the flex hoses as well every year. I have scoured the net looking but actually can't even find out any info on rear brake lines at all. Any comments welcome :)
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

just put steel braided lines threw the whole tuck never have to worry about them again
  3. starc

starc Senior Member

Ford uses a banjo fitting at the caliper, not as simple as changing to a different line setup...