1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 f250 7.3 diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tommy, Oct 28, 2008.

1. tommy

tommy Junior Member

Wandering about swapping my 1990 F250 dana 50 front end with a 1991 F350 dana 60 . I recently blew up the 50 and figured I would go to the solid axle unit for plowing . Anybody out there done it . Looks pretty staight forward .
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

There are lot people do this at Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums.

They use Dana 60.

I am sure it would work but get steering system from F350 to fit this then it will work.

Before you buy dana 60 what gear ratio if it wrong and price is too good to pass then you would change gear to match rear axle.

What wrong with dana 50? crack? or just worn out?
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes we did the same thing to a 1992 F-250 it was actually very easy with a torch to cut the rusty bolts out
  4. tommy

tommy Junior Member

Something popped through the side of the diff on the 50 front axle.It has 420.000 kms on it ,and has served me well. The 60 is on an F350 that has an auto trany that needs replacing. The front and rear ends are the only thing on my 250 that I hav'nt replacedhttp://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/smilie_flagge17.gif
  5. bigmike1289

bigmike1289 Junior Member

grab both axles up and keep the rear one as a spare im sure one of these days your gonna need it to and yukon gears for the front differential will make it bullet proof