1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Cummins ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 30, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have an opportunity to buy a 1990 Dodge Diesel. 135,000 miles with a new transmission and no rust. What are these things worth? There is no plow on it.

I should add he is asking $4000

90 dodge.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

If it is in good condition with no rust I think $4000 is a good price for a diesel with only 135k. See if you can chew him down a little and bring some greenbacks, money talks and you know the rest... Put some 33 x 12.5's on her and she will look kick ass...

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take it if you don't want it. Got a nice '04 550 with a POS 6.0 that that would make a nice donor vehicle for.

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Those are junk... I wouldn't buy it... by the way... send me his number so I can call him and tell him he is nuts!!! j/k Sounds like a good deal (and it's red)

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would jump right on that if it was closer:salute:

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't buy it PM me his contact info I would love to find something like that! And it's in decent shape for a fair price!

7. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Yep you won't go wrong, keep the body oiled!

Kirk

8. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

Sounds like a good price to me. I know of few of the 88-93 trucks selling for $4-8 K with alot more miles on them then that.....

9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

even if you pay $4K for it............get it you wont be sorry.

10. NBI Lawn

I had my $4000 in hand getting ready to go get this thing and the guy calls and says "It has more miles than I told you, sorry". Turns out it has 258,000 miles on it :mad:. I guess I will try to find a newer one for that kind of money. I know there are a couple 95-97's around here with about the same mileage for the $4-6000 range.

11. sno commander

from ct

wait its a scam!! i think metro made a blocked phone call to you with fake milage and he is on his way picking it up right now.:D j/k lol the 2 gen 12 valves in your area are only bringing 4-6 k thats pretty cheap. in ct i can't find a decent one for under 8-9k:realmad:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  12. NBI Lawn

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

14. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Now that's funny...:jester: Dang, where are those directions again??? rofl

15. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

That's what I was looking for before I bought my '96. I would have dropped 4K without a second thought even with that mileage. Paid 12K for mine with 136K on the clock and another 3K to have it shipped from WI to CO. Ended up club cab long bed and all I wanted was standard cab long bed but I had to take what I could find in a 12V 4WD, they're getting scarce.

16. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

Having that many miles on it, and being up front about it meens he is willing to bartter on price....

I think i would have $3500 less in my pocket and another CTD in the driveway. bed sides and cab floors/corners are the places they rust the most take a look and see you may be able to get a few $$$$ off it.

FWIW the 88 W250 CTD we have at our shop has 500K and has never had the motor touched. we have put transmissions in it and new body on it, and it is factory plow truck and been used HARD.

17. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

my helper just bought a 92 4x4 manual with flat bed (farm truck) and some fender rust with 175k miles for $6k

18. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

19. sno commander

from ct

my buddy has one for sale on craigs list its a 1989 dodge cummins 12 valve 727 auto 140k miles good shape i think he wants $4500 i just looked on craigs list and found it it is under ct classifieds click the hartford area and search dodge i tried linking it but im not that computer oriented:dizzy: