1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Cummins what plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DriftHunter, Dec 4, 2005.

1. DriftHunter

DriftHunter Junior Member
    from AZ

I am trying to get back in to plowing with my old Dodge and I want to buy a new plow. I have always ran fisher and have had really good luck witthem but I was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions for me to look at I would want an 8-8.5 footer. not sure v or streight though.
    Frank

2. DriftHunter

DriftHunter Junior Member
    from AZ

I have decided to stick with Fisher. However not sure if I should go with the HD, EZ-V, or the X- blade most of what I will be doing will be roads paved and dirt and dirt driveways. I am also looking at getting a new hopper spreader and was curiose what you recomend Buyers or Fisher Pro Caster.
    Frank

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I can;t recomend a V simply because I haven;t used one- no need for residential plowing here- but the added weight is a concern with these trucks- as the xblade is heavier it's an issue too, but if properly ballasted it's fine. I have heard alot of good things about them- only used Fisher HD's myself.

If you want the scoop angle thing for the lots look at a Blizzard instead- more functional scoop position (and a V is only useful in certain situations by itself).