1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 chevy silverado 1500 heater & a/c controls not working?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hunter123420, May 19, 2009.

1. hunter123420

hunter123420 Junior Member

No power to A/C & heater control head??? was working fine this morning when i went to work, when i came out to start my truck it wouldn't, notice I had a loose battery terminal. when i got in my truck noticed no power the those controls I checked fused it was fine anybody have any ideas what is wrong????
  2. swannkm

swannkm Junior Member

Heater control issue

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue today. Let me know.

3. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

i had that happen in a 92 and it was the harness beind the dash had come loose. hope that helps.
  4. richland

richland Junior Member
    from montana

1990 chevy

When you say the harness plug was unhooked behind the dash, do you mean the actual plug to the heater control or further down the harness?
  5. gmcdan

gmcdan Senior Member

I was having some instrument panel light problems that i couldnt figure out , the fuse was good but for some reason it still didnt work . changed fuse and it worked , i think it had some sort of build up on the terminals that blocked the current but it wasnt blown.