1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 chevy 2500 heater problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Grass_n_Trees, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Grass_n_Trees

Grass_n_Trees Junior Member

I have no heat on the defrost/window and no heat on the floor, the entire dash gets warm/hot. I know it's the flap door inside but can anyone help with what I need to do to get to this problem and fix it. can't stand another year of frozen feet in the truck.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like your "blend door" is frozen. Some of these unit work off vac. it might be that.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's usually due to a broken actuator lever on the lower blend motor. Luckily it's one thats easy to access.

Get under the dash and look just above and to the right of the throttle pedal and you'll see both the actuator and the little lever that's between it and the internal blend door. Usually the clip simply breaks and the lever falls off and needs nothing more than a wire tie to restore operation. But sometimes the lever itself breaks and needs replaced. Still easy to fix though, just takes a trip tot he dealer to get a replacement lever.
  4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

is better at this than me . knowing that, I just want to say.

On mine the heater core is held up by one clip. this clip broke than i had the same thing .(it stopped the air flow.) on the passager side above your feet beside the fan is where the heater core is . I made a new clip out of steel i had . it works great .
  5. Grass_n_Trees

Grass_n_Trees Junior Member

Thanks lads!

Now I know what I'm looking for a little better.. cheers