1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Chevy 2500 4x4 (in NC)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Banksy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

1990, 2500, 4x4, 8600gvw, T-400 trans, 350 tbi, 179k miles. Cheyenne trim package.

I think most of you are familiar with this truck. I bought it with the intial intent of plowing with it. After talking with the old lady and doing some serious thinking on the throne, I am not going to bother plowing anymore down here in NC. It's just too sporadic to make the insurance and extra cost of another truck worth it. And I can't always plow every storm if I am working my regular job. Plus another kid on the way. That's always the clincher. This truck was a fun project to learn some new skills and bring some new life back into an old truck. New vinyl floor and interior gets reassembled this coming Monday and Tuesday, but I thought I'd just throw it up now. Oil change, basic tune up, IAC, fuel filter, and pitman arm will get done also, but can come down on price if you want to do this yourself. Has A/C, but it seems weak and I'm not fixing that one. Will need some tires too, but price will be less negotiable if I need to go find a set.

I'm selling it for more than I paid for it, but I'm in no way making or even trying to make a killing on it. I'm a realist and know that you generally don't make all your money back on cars. It's a southern truck with all rust (as minor as it was) taken care of. You rust belt guys are going to be hard pressed to find one of these OBS's in this good of shape. Title in my name and in hand.

See this thread for more information and more pics.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=142492

$4500 obo. Partial trades considered for the following items or a combination there of. Professional style tool box, plasma cutter, landscaping equipment, deep-v hull jon boat with trailer with or without motor, or maybe something else I didn't list.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Here's a more organized and added to list of stuff I'd be interested in for trade. I'll even do a full trade if your stuff is somewhere around the asking price.

- Snap On or Matco style professional tool box
    - Jon boat with trailer (deep-V hull preferred)
    - Honda Big Red 3 wheeler
    - Plasma cutter
    - Landscape equipment
    - Small utility trailer
    - 600cc or bigger utility ATV
    - Carpentry tools (band saw, table saw, power tools, etc)
    - Side by side UTV

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Any idea if this uses the same Boss mounts as a 1989 3500? You got me thinking on this one.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

^It should, same frame.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ditto. Should bolt right on.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Not bumping, but I gotta ask. Am I in the ball park for price?

I realize it's far away from most of you, but I can work on the price to help or even cover the fuel costs to get here. I'll make a video of it starting and running this weekend.

Maybe add a small skid steer to the trade list. Like one of those Bobcat gassers.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  8. 2006Sierra1500

Price seems pretty good, around here that would probably be a 5k truck.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok, thanks. I tried to put it on Boston CL, but I don't see it there. Maybe flagged cause of my location.

So far my local CL is just bringing out the typical idiots. One dork offered a generator, lap top, mini-fridge and $100 cash. No matter how specific your ad is, they still try to offer some weird pile of garbage.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta love the craigslisters once thwy hear that "trades welcome" rofl

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ya, I've always been a horse trader type. I'd rather have the cash, but the lure of wanting to know what might be out there always gets me. I'm going to start offering craigslist'ers majic beans in a form of retaliation.

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I made a video last night of it starting and running. For some reason the sound won't play on the computer, but it will if I text the video. If you want to hear it and see it, PM me your cell #. I took it on my iPhone.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Finished the interior today. Came out real well. And I added a shot of the passenger side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Make an offer, guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. procut

procut Senior Member

IDK I'd say your close.

Just to give you an idea, I bought a truck that looks just like it a few months back. Mine is a '95, 122,000, 350 V8 with 4l80E with an 8'-0" Western Uni-mount for $4200. It' not quite as clean as yours, but is 5 years newer with less miles. Mine came with a plow but some would argue that hurts its value; to me I'd say it adds at least a little.

I spend a lot of time in the winter looking at used trucks for sale and in my area (Michigan) I'd say it would fetch $3000-3500.

Anyways, love the truck. I'd been following your other thread on it a little bit. My fleet is mostly 3/4 ton white Chevy 2500s - so I can defiantly appreciate one that looks so good, especially for the year; I'm sure it will make someone a great truck.

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. I had fun fixing it up. It's a nice old truck. If I sold it for what I have it in, I'd be ok with that. Not siked, but I wouldn't lose any sleep. If nobody takes it, I'll throw tags and liability on it. These trucks are tough to find around here. Mostly half tons or 2wd 3/4 and 1 tons.

17. 2006Sierra1500

Good luck with the sale and all, but if it were mine, I'd keep it and enjoy the nice older truck, and drive it over putting miles on the 2011.

18. procut

procut Senior Member

^ That's a good point. I was actually considering fixing up the '95 I referenced a few posts up and driving it myself some of the time in the summer to save the miles on my 2012 personal truck.

19. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Truck is sold.

Deposit paid and a plowsite member picks it up Friday.