1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Chevy 1500 pick up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevy05, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Hey Guys I need your opinion on a 1990 chevy 1500 Reg. Cab with 147,000 miles, it's in fair condition woth a 8 foot western plow, i think... I will get some pics here when i figure out how to do it or if someone can do it for me......Thanks Ryan
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Personally I will not even look at a used truck that already has a plow on it. I find that they tend to be abused a lot harder. Just my opinion, As for as mileage that does not scare me. Look at the frame, brake lines, and fuel lines for rust....
  3. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Thanks, I know what you mean about buying used with a plow but, the plow was just put on in narch, so i figured that the truck is still in good cond. as for brake lines al replaced, new brakes, radiator, cv joints, and heater core... Thanks for the quick responce...Ryan
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

you must remember that the truck is 15 years old already and 150,000 on a gas motor. i would make sure you can pay for it in two years because thats probably the life expectancy before major work i would give a gas engine a life of 200,000 those trucks 88'-92 i think had a real problem with rust not saying don't buy it just saying don't fool yourself thinking you won't have problems.