1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Chevy 1/2 Ton ABS Light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wsmm, Nov 2, 2010.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

Last fall I had to replace my rear brakes, due to one shoe having its brake lining brake off. ABS light came on after replacement, I bled the rear brakes and the problem was solved. This fall my rear brake line rusted out, causing loss of brake fluid. Replaced line, filled master cylinder and vacuum bled the rear brakes. I'm now having an intermittent problem with my ABS light. Some times the ABS light comes on when I press on the brake pedal, press on the pedal a second time and it turns off. Sometimes I need to press the pedal twice but the ABS light does go of and stay off.

I'm at a loss, the brakes seem to be working fine. What am I missing? I use the truck mainly for plowing and if I need to haul something. Other than that it is just a back up vehicle.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions
  2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

the rear abs of my 1990 1 ton has not worked in the 10 years i have owned it my grandpa's 89 3/4 ton 2wd is the same way since about 6 years after he purchased it in 89 the rear abs on these trucks never worked for snot aslong as ive ever know