1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 Bronco w/ Western Plow Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TomCappa, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TomCappa

TomCappa Junior Member

I have a 1990 Full sized Bronco with a conventional western plow mount. The Bronco is nickle and diming me to death with repairs and I want to buy a newer truck to plow with. Is the frame on the Bronco compatible/ able to fit on a any truck from lets say....1999 - present?

Thanks
    Tom

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Without modifying? I highley doubht it. As mcuh as it hurts to hear, unless you want to do a lot of modifying it would proboly be more cost effective to just sell your truck and plow and get the newer style plow that still has mounts of the newer vehicle, but like anything, if your like me, and have the time and want to fab something I'm sure you could make it work.

3. LD4850

LD4850 Member

No the plow frame is NOT compatible with newer trucks.
    Western does NOT make mounts for conventional plows anymore.
    I just went through this same thing...78 F250 to a newer 94 F150. Had a He-- of a time finding a mount & STILL had to order parts for it and am still waiting. Next thing I am having a problem with is a new cable for it. I have the old "T" handle and they don't seem to have cables for that anymore either.
    Best thing to do is sell your stuff & buy a newer one.

4. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

88 f-150 w/western ultramount

My dealer told me even with my plow setup, i could only go to the mid 90's before i would have to get a new system. Frame widths are different, or something like that.

5. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

MY BAD on my last reply, ultra-mount can go on any year truck with the correct mount & wiring. re-checked with my dealer.