1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 2500 4x4 fan clutch part number?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TheEquineFencer, Jan 27, 2010.

1. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I think I need to replace the fan clutch on the 1990 Chevy I just put a plow on. Does anyone have an Autozone part number for the best one to use? Maybe even a NAPA number? They have so many listed it's hard to tell. Thanks, Floyd.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Which engine??

3. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

5.7, I'm not sure if it's a CW orCCW rotaion water pump. I'm going over to where the trucks staged at and bring it home to check it out today if all goes well. We're supposed to get snow/Ice Friday. thanks, Floyd.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty easy to tell. Is it serpentine? Or does it have all individual belts for the driven accessories?

5. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

Serps I'm sure. I was wondering about part numbers, they have so many listing that keep asking about gear ratios and such relating to the fan clutch.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's serpentine then....

Autozone- p/n 922784

NAPA- p/n 271302

These are both severe duty rated clutches for the 5.0/5.7's and the p/n's I always use on the older serpentine GM's. They work very well on plow equipped trucks as they have the lowest temp engagement and will stay engaged longer down to a lower temp. Can't go wrong with either one.