1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 1T front pumpkin

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kingriver, Nov 15, 2009.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

how do you go about changing the fluid in the front pumpkin >? anyone know how much and what type needed. I could possibly have a cracked unit, would jb weld fix this >? thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

IFS or solid axle? Both body styles were available in '90.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'm guessing IFS if he thinks it's cracked, probably needs to be resealed. IFS has drain and fill plugs. Solid axle you will have to remove diff cover.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We got it taken care of via PM. :waving:
  5. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Just be carefull with it. Notice with my Every time the Service garage puts in Ball Joints & CV Joints the clip inside thr front end falls fall & 4 wheel drive does NOT work. On a 1991 Chevy Chenneye 1500 4 X 4. An Idea is to remove the Four Wheel Drive Actuator. Take an old shop vac that does not matter if gets oil inside of it. & vac the old fluid in the front pumpkin. Also flush out to clean out. Repeat with shop vac. Filled with new fluid in the front pumpkin. Put in back or replace Four Wheel Drive Actuator. Replace if was giving you problems in the pass. They do get water in them & short out. I went thur 2 so far..Four Wheel Drive Actuator.