1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1990 1500 front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LDA, Nov 7, 2005.

1. LDA

LDA Member

Just installed my 7'6" western Pro, had the torsion bars turned up and a front end alignment, put some timbrens on the front and after lowering it down on the drivers side there is about a 1" gap under the timbren, and the passenger side there is a 3/4" gap, i measure the distance from the ground to the bottom of the plow mount on both sides of the truck and they are both 11 1/2", so the mount sits level but why the difference in space between both sides under the timbrens???

And i thought that the timrens should be touching when i lower the truck, does this mean the t-bars are up too high??

ALSO when i lift the plow up the drivers side doesnt even touch the A-arm, and the passenger side just touches.

Just wondering if this is a normal thing?

Should i turn the T bars back down some so the timbrens actually work??
    Or should i not worry about it and just let the t-Bars handle the plow??

I guess i would fell more comfortable knowing the plow weight is handled a little by the timbrens and not all by the suspension seeing that my truck is only a 1500...

Let me know what ya think
  2. LDA

LDA Member

any suggestions??
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would drive the truck around some then check measurements. 1/4 inch from one side to another could just be an uneven floor. I have not needed to put Timbrens on any truck since the 1986. All of the IFS GM trucks we run are fine after just ajusting the T bars. I shoot for 1 inch drop when raising the plow. I measure from the top of the wheel opening to the ground.