1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 K5 Blazer / 7'6" Western Ultra-Mount Pro-Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dondo, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Waiting for North Jersey for storms that have better accumulations than the last 2. But hey... I guess pushing 3" is better than not pushing at all!!

Donadio Snow Plowing
    Butler, NJ

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

wow that is one clean K5, looks sweet :drinkup:
  3. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Thank you for the compliment. I just picked it up in March. It was a 1 owner all stock truck with only 63,000 miles. This is the 3rd K5 I've used for plowing. You just can't beat them!! I didn't want to sell my last one but when I came across this one I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was turning 245,000 miles on my other one.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  4. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

One of my favorite years 89-91 with the side by side head lights......VERY NICE!!!

I had an 84 K5 that I miss often.

Just watch out for those running boards and the rust that starts around the body rocker area.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Thanks for the advise! Yeah those are my favorite years too. I've plowed with a '90 and this is my 2nd '89. I've found from past experience that the rockers last longer with the running boards (as long as you make sure to remove the road grime and ice after each storm) On my first K5 I took them off to get better clearence and within 2 seasons the rockers were shot.
  6. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

Good to hear your aware of it. How does the back tailgate area look by the bed and the gate itself? I imagine clean as a whistle like the rest of the truck!

Good Luck with it!:salute:
  7. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

The truck is truely the cleanest K5 I've seen since they were in production. The tail gate and bed are as solid as the day it rolled off the assembly line. I wasn't even looking to replace my Black K5 until the body rusted off (the only thing holding the passenger seat in was the carpet) but when I came across this one I couldn't resist. The guy was going to be trade it in as a "cash for clunkers" can you believe it? A truck this clean was almost sent off to a junk yard. The dealer was going to give the guy $4200 for the trade in. I paid him $4500 cash and drove away as giddy as a 9 year old school girl. If I was smart I would have traded him my K5 so he could trade that in but I needed time to swap the plow setup onto the new truck. ussmileyflag
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice plow rig
  9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck, i have a 1985 gmc jimmy that im restoring pics to come soon :drinkup:
  10. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

That is a kick ass truck. I love square chevy and gm trucks. And I think you got a hell of a deal at $4500 for the condition it's in.
  11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

12. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

That looks sweet, very clean...
  13. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Thanks. I'm real happy with her!

Thanks. If you ask me you just can't beat these style trucks for small lots and driveways. They turn on a dime and with salt and a blower in the back as extra weight they push almost anything New Jersey Storms can throw at them.

Thank you. I wasn't even looking to replace my other K5. I actually was at the dealership to check out the new Camaro when it delivered in March and a older gentalman (70's) pulled in with this K5. I being the guy that I am went over to check it out and tell him how sweet a ride it was. Only to find out he was trading it in for a new Traverse as a "Clunker" for $4200. After I came to from passing out =) I aksed him if he would take $4500 cash in whatever time it took me to get to a PNC. He agreed and this is now my new plow rig.

No... I will check it out. Thanks!

Thank you!
  14. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

That truck is worth some money right there, i would not be plowing with it..ha. beautiful truck, one of my very first trucks, ever owned. N2M, 2 tone paint, i don't remember those trucks coming with those wheels tho?, also the fiberglass removable rear top with sliding windows, rare feature, im actually looking to buy one.
  15. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Yeah it sometimes keeps me up an night knowing that I'm plowing with her but that just gives me the reason to clean her after each storm. No... those are not the stock rims. I have those in the garage with the original tires even the spare since the one in it now matches the rims in the pic. Since I bought this from the original owner I have all the manuels, window stickers, stock radio. He even had a new tailgate window motor, and both side vent windows. I believe the top with the sliding windows was a Silverado option but I'm not possitive because all 3 that I have owned had them. Keep looking for yours... They are still out there just getting harder and harder to find. The whole "Cash for Clunkers" program didn't help. I heard it was something like 1500+ GM C & K trucks that were traded in. They are all just parts cars because I don't think you can get a title for a "Clunker".
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Have a good winter.
  17. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Thanks bud. Hope you have a good winter too!
  18. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Night Pic

Crapy pic but it's the only one I have at night. I hope to get some action shots soon but I plow by myself and for some crazt reason I can't get my wife out of bed in the middle of a snow storm to come out and take a picture. =) Go figure?

Notice the Christmas lights in the pic? Happy Holiday's to all and here is to a safe and profitable winter season!!

k5 3.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice Blazer. I know a guy with an old Blazer like that with a 7.5' Fisher Quik Switch.
  20. louied9

louied9 Member

Nice K5...

the distance the plow sticks out seems to be the same on all blazers..??

i was afraid mine was in front too far..