1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 Jeep Comanche with Plow Should I

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by loc, Jan 29, 2011.

1. loc

loc Junior Member

I found a 1989 Jeep Comanche, auto with 4.0 and a 6'6" Western unimount plow. The Comanche has right at 110K and It appears to be in good shape. It is running a 4" lift kit. I am wondering if this will be a good plow vehicle setup or not. I am plowing with a 1991 Chevy and a 7.5 Meyer E47 and really don't like that setup. I had a 2002 Wrangler for awhile and really liked that vehicle. I sold it and now I need another jeep.
  2. MJay

MJay Member

Lift kits and plows are not a good combination.
  3. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I see no issue with plowing with a lift kit. I have a 4" lift kit and it plows till the cows come home. Just make sure that you plow a frame is the way it is supposed to be stock ie. most should be parallel with the ground to ensure the best contact of the plows edge with the ground and you should be good to go. Otherwise, not doing anything with the plow and having a Jeep with the lift kit, you will prematurely kill the plows plowing edge and you front end components of your jeep as well. "Most" people with lifted jeeps need to modify their existing mounting hardware to make this parallel thing happen. Good luck!
  4. FBNemo

FBNemo Junior Member

I have a 4" lift on my MJ too. If I remember correctly, the recommended height to mount the two attachment pins on the SNOBEAR blade is 10"-12" off the ground. On my Jeep they are about 17"-18" from CL of pins to ground. I need to get them lowered soon.
    Blade pushes snow in the straight position good, but when the blade is pivoted either left or right, the bottom of blade is not making 100% contact to the ground- only 50%. The upper and lower frame work is touching due to the higher pin height. This makes it worthless when you want to roll it to either side. Thumbs Up
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member