1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 Ford f-250 w/western setup and Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by moosey, Oct 18, 2005.

1. moosey

moosey Senior Member

Hi, I have a 1989 f-250 w/western setup conventional. And I was given a Meyer plow. Truck is in shop being given a winter prep and no way to findout if it will work. My question is this, Can it work or be fabricated to work on the truck. I just got it today for free. I'm tight for $ but been looking for a western for it. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

The plow itself should mount up to everything, it would just be the power angling that might need the ends changed on the hydraulic lines. someone will correct me if that isn't right:drinkup:

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

the plow ears are different width between meyer and western but you can have a set of ears welded on for cheap and be able to use either blade.We used to do this years ago so we always had a spare handy.