1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 F350 4X4 Dump - great plow truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SCSIndust, Feb 26, 2006.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I decided to sell my mini-dump in order to consolidate for the spring. It is a 1989 F350 4X4, single cab, single rear wheel, 7.3L diesel, auto trans, 8' mini-dump. Well, the dump doesn't actually work. It needs a new hydraulic hose, and the electric motor, which I have and would sell separately. Anyway, the trans had a lot of work done to it, such as a heavy duty TQ, rebuild with heavy duty parts, new soleniods, extra cooler. The rear has been replaced a while back. It has a 8' Meyer plow with a rebuilt E-47. I have a salter that was made to fit on it, and will sell with it, for the right price. The interior has bucket seats out of a newer Ford, and the center console has the plow controls, and salter controls in it. It makes plowing less fatiquing, because you're hand is right there at the controls. The tires are BFGoodrich A/T's with 60% tread. It is a great plow truck. It is really unstoppable. The only down side is that the bed is rusty on the bed itself. The sides are fine, just the bed is bad. Some one could make a new bed pretty easy, and could probably get it to dump without much trouble.

I am selling this only to cut my insurance costs, and I really don't need it anymore. My best friend was driving it for snowplowing, but he is moving on this year, and it is in my best interest just to have a sub-contractor take his spot instead of keeping a truck all year I don't use. My friend called it the 'war wagon' because it was so tough.

Email me at jnseymore@comcast.net, or call my cell 240-882-2098. I'll get pics in a day or two. I'm asking $3800 without the salter. If oyu want the salter, we can work out a deal. Thanks!

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have any pictures?

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen it. its a nice looking truck and its got the international 7.3 diesel in it.

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Here are some pics. The hood in the one picture has a rust hole and some dings, but I have a replacement hood. It just needs to be painted to match the truck. I'll make another post for the plow setup.
    f350 front 1 ps.jpg
    f350 front 2 ps.jpg
    f350 back 2 ps.jpg
    Here is the interior. Note the center console with the plow controls.
    f350 interior ps.jpg
    You can see the bed is rough.
    350 bed ps.jpg

I got a call today from a large property confirming a large contract. So, it isn't neccessary I sell this truck. I could use it this year for this property, but I would still like to buy a newer truck. That said I am staying very close to my $3800 price. I'm thinking $500 for the salter, since it has a new motor, auger, etc., and it is made to fit this particular truck. If you have any interest, let me know, and we can work out a deal.

350 bed ps.jpg

f350 back 2 ps.jpg

f350 front 1 ps.jpg

f350 front 2 ps.jpg

f350 interior ps.jpg

5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

After looking over the truck today, I have to say that the plow is in rough shape. It isn't the one in the picture. The moldboard is really bad. I have a poly-shield for it, which would make it good for at least another 2 seasons. The rest of the frame is really good, and the hyraulics are all tight. No leaks, and they even work in the dead of winter, without any coersion, like most Meyers. If you are serious, drop me an email or call me, and we can work out something, especially if you want the motor to fix the dump. The motor is brand new with heavy duty parts. It cost $500, but I really don't have a use for it if I sell the truck. Let's talk!