1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 chevy k2500 4x4 snow plow site truck!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by firewoodguy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. firewoodguy

firewoodguy Junior Member
    from hatboro

for pics go here http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/3557708517.html.

1989 CHEVY K2500 4X4 LONG BED WITH MEYERS E 60 AND 7.6 FT PLOW W/TOUCH PAD. v8 305 MOTOR SAME AS 350. 250,XXX MI. GOOD ON GAS.AUTO TRANS. A/C. ALL OILS CHANGED. GREAT HEAT. TIRES ARE GOOD NEW RUBBER FUEL LINES,NEW BRAKE LINES THEY COULD BE BLED AGAIN ON NEXT BRAKE CHANGE. NEW CHARGING SYSTEM 2 BATTERY'S NEW SPARK PLUGS CV JOINTS BLACK PAINT LAST YEAR I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THE NEW. HAS RIPPED SEAT. TRUCK IS RUSTED ON FENDERS AND FRAME AND HAS DENTS BUT IT IS A GREAT PLOW TRUCK AND READY TO RUN TRUCK WITH NO ISSUES READY TO MAKE YOU MONEY. CANT INSPECT BECAUSE OF RUST BUT GREAT SITE TRUCK I DRIVE ON TURNPIKE NO PROBLEM. EVERYTHING WORKS JUST RUSTY

hatboro pa

CLEAR TITLE IN HAND

$1900$ make ur money back in one storm..

FORD DODGE TRUCK SNOWPLOW MEYERS WESTERN FISHER BOSS TURBO DIESEL SALT SPREADER PLOW TRUCK SNOWPLOW TRUCK

2. procut

procut Senior Member

No it's not.......

3. firewoodguy

from hatboro

4. firewoodguy

from hatboro

and the 305 has the same block as the 350. just better on gas and different pistons

5. nixray

nixray Senior Member

the 305 and 350 are the same external casting, but they are different internal castings. the original 305 will have a bore that's respectively smaller (3.75") to only produce 305 ci but the same stroke (of 3.48"), the crank journals are also different sizes so the mains in a 305 are also different...

as for boring it out...

you'd bore it an extra 1/8" off the wall making up for the 1/4" smaller diameter bore... which is entirely possible, just more heat, so it would take a while longer than boring a 350 .030" oversize, as you'd be taking off .125" vs. .015"...

issues, would include but not be limited to....

305's were mostly made in the late 70s and 80s when the castings would be foreign made, these early foreign castings and later foreign castings as well have different characteristics in the metal itself, and the boring of the cylinders may end with elliptical cylinders after it's bored, or even after being run for a while, considering how much it is being bored

the more you bore any engine the hotter it will run, anything over .040 in a 350 is usually pulled off the street because it overheats easily

boring so much will put the cylinder walls closer to water jackets, which i dont know the location of in a 305, but they may be very different than in a 350, like i said the interior casting is not a 350 interior casting, so they need not be anything alike (however with that said, they are extremely similar)

the heads on a 305 were 57-59 cc area (they say 58 cc but these were also foreign made, cc em for yourself and see what you think, i'm being generous saying that they were all within 2ccs of eachother)
    put 350 pistons under those heads and compression is gonna go through the roof, need to use turbo style pistons with big dishs in em.....like a cereal bowl size would be nice

lol, you wouldnt want anything over 8.9-1 compression in this thing, with cylinders bored that much, you're just looking for trouble, why play the compression game

1.84/1.45 i think were the valve sizes, need to open them up to atleast 1.94/1.60 and i've heard of 2.02/1.60 but that would require unshrouding the valves in the chambers... also port and polish them for awhile, 305 heads didnt flow nice

otherwise your cams are similar grinds, and interchangeable, torque will be lost with the smaller diameter cylinders

and that's all i can think of for the moment

6. firewoodguy

from hatboro

okay and i could build this motor to 350 specs and quad-turbo it with my eyes shut. but im not. all the listing meant was it has a 305 but same power as 350 . and all i can say to that google info is, any one who trying to turn this 305 into a 350 is a jackass.. it would be cheaper to buy a pre-built