1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 Chevy C-1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gordyo, Apr 18, 2002.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

The brake light on my dash is intermitent. Sometimes it comes right on and sometimes it takes a 15 minute drive. Sometimes it will not come on at all. The truck stops on a dime in a nice straight line. Brake job including new rear wheel cylinders was done a few weeks after the light came on. All work was done by me. I even had a reputable repair shop in the area take the truck and check my work incase I missed something and they found nothing wrong, except to say that it looks like a (bad ground) or other wiring problem that could take hours to find, but not a problem with the operation of the brakes. Truck does not have ABS. The e-brake switch tested out fine. I had a new engine installed and this problem started about 2 months later. I have looked all over for broken ground straps but have found nothing. Any ideas?? :mad:

2. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Junior Member
    from ohio

89 brakes

had the same problem with the cab i just put on my 76 and after searching all wires i found the return spring on the emergency brake pedal was weak and letting it move and cause the break light to go on and off.