1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 chevy 3/4 ton headlight and running light wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by northcountry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. northcountry

northcountry Junior Member

I bought the 8 ft hd plow for my 1989 chevy 3/4 ton 7200gvw and have been doing the install myself. I am now to the part of hooking up the wiring harness for the headlights, running lights and turn signals. There is a uf/lf addapter and 2 wires that need to be sliced on the passenger side and 1 on the drivers side for running lights and turn signals. I was going to have a shop do this for me and they said they would need to take of the grill to get to the wiring and that it would be about $100 labor. I could not see where to splice in the turn signal and running light wires. The rest of the install was easy and now I'm wondering if I can finish the wiring myself. Any one know if you have to take the grill off and what is involved to locate these wires on my 1989 chevy?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont have to remove the grill, just remove the 4 screws holding in the turn/marker lamp assy and pull the assy out and the wires are right there. Blue will be turn and Brown marker. Just try and make the splice far enough from the bulb socket that if it becomes corroded down the road that you have wire to still work with.
  3. northcountry

northcountry Junior Member

Thanks so much. I'll check it out.