1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by the new boss 92, Sep 27, 2011.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

So as some of you know i sold my 1500 in march to upgrade. i couldnt find really anything i really wanted. so i decided to rebuild another obs chevy to how i wanted. i bought the truck for 850 needing alittle work but i spun it and ended up doing alot of work:cry: its worth it in the end, it has a new motor, trans front tires and some other things. i decided to paint it and dress it up to plow in style a little bit. hope you guys enjoy i will post more pictures as it comes along hopefully all the body work will be done this week and the bed will be painted. the windows are getting tinted tomarrow morning 20% all the way around and i also have clerence lights for it im going to install.

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

2. the new boss 92

more, i also did new front fenders on it aswellThumbs Up

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

3. the new boss 92

and some more, i have been doing small stuff while waiting for the paint to cure and been wiring alot of my little stuff to get the bs out of the way

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

4. the new boss 92

im also going to bed line the lower half of the truck and around the wheel wells next week. I just went to the jefferson county swap meet in wisconsin and got the bed for it thats why its a different color. its rust free gerogia bed. its going to be a good truck im just in the process of finishing it. its been a fun project to end the summer with. like i said i will upload more photos as i make progress this week and next.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

5. the new boss 92

oh yea i also forgot it had the 4 lamp style headlights on it when i got it witch i hated, so i bought the new comp ones and its got 8k 55 watt hids in the truck now. they are brighter than all get out. enjoy for now i will post pics up of the bed later tonight after i get done fixing a couple small dents and get it ready for primer tomarrow night and paint thursday.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

That looks great! I absolutely LOVE those OBS chevys! Does it have a 350 or a 454?

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great so far. I've done a few OBS chevy trucks like that, enjoyed each one.
    Not to bad to work on over-all.
    Keep us updated!

8. the new boss 92

its got a 350 with turbo 400 tranny. it also has factory 373 limited slip diffs. i drove it home 2 1/2 hours one way so its a real strong runner so far.

9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Looks good. Let me know if you have a spare BOSS plow mount laying around for my 98 GMC.

10. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Looking good! keep it up!

11. the new boss 92

thanks bud, i dont have any mounts laying around. however if i were to come across anything ill give you shout with a link if possible!
    thanks, once the beds painted and back of this weekend its going to be down hill from there im hoping.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You know... There's some days I really envy you. :D

Truck's looking good, should come together nicely. Are the 8,000k Hid's pretty blue in color?

13. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget to add a set of OE fender flares. Just won't look right with out them.

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. I loved my 1989 Chevy 2500 and it was the same color as yours was. It will be a great plow truck for you.

15. the new boss 92

there ya go mark, they look more blue than they really are. the lights them selfs project really far in the oe lens and i love not having to worry if im ever going to use my brights cause they are dimmer then my low beams. i also have hids in my plow but the are just 5k 55 watts, they are really white vs my truck lights.

the second pic is more or less how they look the first one is a fed up angle and makes them look really blue!

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

16. Holland

Holland Senior Member

i know what you mean, im actually rebuilding an 89 myself! but its a 1500. At my friends body shop now, hopefully get started on it next week!

17. the new boss 92

i really like the flares aswell, but the hillrod that owned it before me decided he was going to take the 600 in gm flares off and throw them out. so instead of throwing flares back on it im going to get the hd mirrors to make up for it!
    yea, im looking forward to the longer wheel base. i plow about 5 miles of roads and endless amounts of driveways in a condo complex we plow and the single cab 6ft box 1500 just wasnt working well for that cause i was just getting pushed all over cause it was to short!

18. the new boss 92

if it wasnt so cool and it didnt take me 3 weeks to find a rust free box it would have been done. throw up a couple pics when you get it on the way id like to see it. i have never owned anything that was obs chevy its just a beast of a truck and thay take a ass kicking. Piece of advise is just take your time and dont take short cuts in body work cause it never pays off unless you flipping the truck, i have seen nice looking trucks then after the first winter it looks like all the rust they fixed they just sanded down and painted over.

19. the new boss 92

got the windows tinted today 20% all the way around. i will get better pictures tonight. im going to finish sanding the bed tonight and get it all painted tomarrow. im also painting the wheels black tonight so more pictures will fallow tonight!

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

20. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice job are you tracking all your hours and cost, just curious