1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1989 1/2 ton Dodge Meyer Help Please

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by deuceboy, Sep 16, 2004.

1. deuceboy

deuceboy Junior Member

I have a 1989 Dodge Ram, DW 150. I purchased a beat up 1992 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton that has a Meyer plow on it. The truck frames look almost identical, so I thought it would be easy to swap the plow from the 92 to the 89. I stripped everything off the 92 3/4 ton and got ready to put it on my 89 1/2 ton. But there is a slight difference in the frame on the 89 1/2 ton that won't allow the brackets to be mounted to the frame. The bolt holes in the 89 frame look identical to the 92 frame. There's a difference in the cross member underneath the engine which doesn't allow the plow bracket to slide up high enough to line up the bolt holes. Does anybody know where to find the right brackets? The plow was probably brand new in 1992. It is the angle bracket type, not the tube style. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

2. deuceboy

deuceboy Junior Member

Just in case anybody cares, I found the part numbers for each side member. They are:

3/4 ton Passenger side: 10426 Driver side: 10427
    1/2 ton Passenger side: 10426 Driver side: 11185

They are definitely different for the driver side on the 1/2 ton because of cross member interference.

3. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Good info to know. I have a 1/2 ton and a 1 ton sitting right outside but no Meyer products to compare to.

Glad you were able to figure it out,
    Mark K