1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 toyota truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SCSIndust, Mar 1, 2004.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I have a 1988 Toyota ext cab pickup for sale. I need to get rid of it asap. The bed is totally rusted out, but the cab looks great. Frame has almost no rust. Here's the catch - one of the cylinders has low compression. It is a FI 2.2RE. I am thinking that the number 2 cylinder has a valve problem. It runs, just lacks power. When it does run, it has a valve tap on cylinder 2, so a vavle problem would be my guess. It is a 5 speed, black, and very nice interior. I am in central MD, and would like to get $500. I just don't have time to fix it, and really hate to see it go, but it is only a matter of time before the county tickets me for having it. Anyone?

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Jamie post it on pirate4x4.com .

3. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

hey Jamie is it a 4x4?

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Forgot to put that in, but yes it is.