1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 Suburban plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by disturban, Oct 12, 2009.

1. disturban

disturban Junior Member

I own a 1988 Suburban I would like to put a plow on, however I don't want to have a hydraulic tank and pumps in my cargo area. What are my options? Do they make something like an electric plow or some kind of small hydraulic unit that I could mount in the engine compartment somewhere?

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

click on the sponsors on the top western, fisher, meyer, boss, snoway, blizzard, curtis. every plow they make is an electric over hydraulic mount outside of the vehicle on the plow frame. use their easy match or vehicle lookup on their sites to match a plow to ur vehicle.

3. disturban

disturban Junior Member

Will do...thank you!

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Are you talking a front or rear mounted plow? The reason I ask is, why would you think you would have a hydraulic tank or pump in the cargo area?

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

thats a good point i assumed he meant front plow but never thought of the rear plow.

6. disturban

disturban Junior Member

This will be a front plow...excuse my ignorance but I know nothing about plows and I have seen hydraulic tanks in the back of pickups before, but come to think of it they did have a rear plow so I just assumed that was the tank for the front as well.

7. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

its alright u gotta learn sometime and yes those tanks were for the rear. u can also use the search function on top to reaserch plows