1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 s-10 pickup

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cherokee, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee Member

I am thinking about buying a 1988 s-10 4x4 pickup with a 6.5 Meyers plow to do driveways. any advice? Are these little trucks good for drives? it has a 2.5 litre v-6 motor.

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I've never used one for plowing myself, but I've seen one of our neighbors using one for his small lot and seems to have no trouble. He also has a 6.5 meyers. But I am not sure if he has 4WD or not. Good luck.

3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

S-10's work good as long as they are 4wd and have proper ballast in them. However, is it a 2.5? or a 6 cyl? 2.5 is a 4 banger, small 6 would be a 2.8. If its a 4 banger, I wouldnt bother being the 2.5 was a good motor, but barely had enough power to get out of its own way. While the 2.8 was a workhorse. IMO

p.s. - my dad used a 88 s-10 blazer w/ a 6.5 western, until her got his 95 S-10 and put the plow on that. Works great for what he does.