1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 GMC Sierra 4x4 good for plowing..?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Turf Commando, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Alright, I have the chance to buy my friends truck he's asking $2,000 it's in pretty good shape except the bed is wood (flatbed). The cab has been repainted red (nice) !
    The the only down fall is the ceiling is coming down and the drivers seat has rips other than that it's quite a truck for a GMC V8, 350 4x4 ..

Plan to use it for light commercial / residential.....Joe
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It will work fine for small stuff. The flatbed is better for visibilty. Just load alot of weight on the flatbed for traction too.
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

If it is a reg cab short box that thing will be good for driveways.
  4. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i have a 90 chevy k2500. i plow residental driveways, i have no problems doing it. i have a 7 1/2 foot plow on it. works great,. i also have 600+ pounds of sand in the back for weight.