1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 f350 1 ton Dump w/Unimount&Wings

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by amscontr, Oct 28, 2009.

1. amscontr

amscontr Junior Member

1988 Ford f350 7.5/460, 5spd(4/O.D), 8 ft. Omaha Dump bed with P.T.O. hoist. We have owned this truck for the last 5 years and maybe put 8000 miles on it. Since we have owned it we have replaced the battery, water pump, starter, altenator, 2 fuel pumps main and rear tank, new rear tires and rear brakes/drums/cylinders, had the heads re-done,valve job, and many other minor odds and ins.
    The 8ft plow with wings has a new motor and wiring harness and the lights all work. The only thing is the rubber cutting edges on the wings need changed and maybe some paint.
    The only thing I can think that the truck will need in the near future are front brake pads and rotors and some exhaust work( the manifolds are good from the head work). There is an issue with the check engine light which we have had the truck at our local Ford dealer a few times having the o2, MAP, TPS, and almost every other sensor replaced. There is some rust here and there but nothing major and few minor dents. One other thing is the heat/defrost cable needs replaced but both work you just have to reach down and change it by hand.
    Anyhow the truck runs like it should and has no problem hauling/dumping 4-5 ton plus a trailer. This thing will raise the bed with 6 tons of dirt on it at an idle. It also has the power up and power down feature on the hoist.
    We bought another truck and this one is just sitting around not eating anything but like everyone else we could use some extra $$$. We don't have any pictures as of yet. You can reply via email @, amscontr@hotmail.com and ask any questions. The price is $3500.00 firm and we have been shopping nationwide for the last 6 mos. and from what we've seen we are well within our respected boundries. The truck is located near St. Louis Mo and will also be posted on Craigslist.
  2. Can you please pm me. I would like to get some info on this truck
  3. amscontr

amscontr Junior Member

You can email me if you like
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

when will there be pics?
  5. amscontr

amscontr Junior Member

In a couple days I'll be on the road picking up a new truck 800 miles away and 800 miles back.
  6. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Let's see the pics!