1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 F 350 trade ????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Feb 23, 2006.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the chance to trade my 1991 Chevy K-1500 4x4 305 V8, 5 Speed, Silverado, Regular Cab, Long Box with 135,000 Miles. This truck is very clean for it's age with very minor rust on the drivers side of the box above the chrome trim & It's in need of a windshield! Newer motor, clutch, tires, & 2002 Style Aluminum Rims!

The 1988 Ford F-350 is a 7.3 L Diesel, 5 Speed, 4x4, Dually Flatbed, it has 159,000 miles. The truck has a wrinkle in the passenger fender & door so it would need to be straightened or replaced so that the door wouldn't catch on it anymore, it also has a leaking slave cylinder for the clutch, and is in need of having the bed recovered since it has some rusting through in places! It also has a twisted front bumper on it!

Would this be a decent deal if I was able to trade even up these two trucks?
  2. MBB

MBB Senior Member

no, can of worms.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's what my gut is telling me too! There is too much little stuff wrong with it and it's just going to be a money pit forever, where my Chevy is perfect needs nothing & shouldn't for sometime!

And if I am going to be having a truck that big a dump box & plow would be great!

Any more advice would be appreciated however I am leaning away at this point!
  4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

I sent you a PM. Call me if you wish. The # is in the PM.