1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 Dodge Problem (2)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by greenworldh20, Feb 14, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

Update: The valves are not opening fully. we need to remove valve covers and take a closer look. seems like the cam or timing belt problems. it could be dodge heaven or a few $$$ more invested into one heck of a plow truck.

up until this point, we have had no problems with the dodge. but if the price is high to save it, i could be at ford in the morning looking at a nice power stroke .

b--:p

2. dillyolboy

dillyolboy Member

This really won't help you with your problem but my uncle has an 88 that he loves to death. Last year he had the entire motor rebuilt for $1100. The main seal wore out from plowing and he figured he should probably rebuild it also considering it had 250k on it. He thought it was great since his buddy had the computer go bad in his 97 Dodge about the same time. Since the 97 computer is for that year only it cost him around $800. :( I'm not saying a Powerstroke wouldn't be a good truck. I'd keep the Dodge if I were you. Actually I'd buy the Dodge from you if I lived closer. ;)

3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

i dunno...still waiting to hear from mechanic...in all probability, i will keep truck as a backup.

brian

4. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

the problem is the distrubutor...it has been replaced and truck runs great...too bad it missed out on the blizzard...i kind of wanted to see how it would go in that kind of snow...

b--