1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1988 Chevy C\K Pickup Radio

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by steve, Jan 1, 2000.

1. steve

steve Junior Member

Is there an aftermarket radio tape deck available?

2. Abe

Abe Member

I am unaware of one, the only thing I have seen is a standard tape deck/sterio fits where the center heater vents are. In some trucks they have a little storage shelf instead of vents. that area is perfect size for the standard aftermarket radio.<p>-abe<p>----------<br>Better to spend a little more and save the headache later!<br>

3. pajama01504

pajama01504 Junior Member
    from MA

radio

Crutchfield has an adapter that replaces the center vent / storage and allows a standard DIN unit to slide in....

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you looking for 8 track?

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I was wondering the same thing.... why a cassette. But if you look at the posing date, that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2000!!! I'd imagine if he hasn't found one by now, he probably won't be bothering.

I still used tapes regularly back then...!!!

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've seen those at car shows :D Always wondered how well they worked and how badly they skipped!!! I wonder how many records were destroyed by small potholes?

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Have to buy needles buy the gross during plow season. :dizzy: