1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1987 GMC Sierra 2500 w/ Meyer ST-90 (e-60 pump) and Buyers TGS-05 spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by tinffx, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tinffx

tinffx Member

$3,000

I am selling my plow truck. I have had it for 4 seasons. I have plowed on the side for 10 years. I no longer have the time or the interest in continuing at the moment. The truck is taking up space and needs a good new home. It doesn't move a whole lot except when it snows. I try to drive it every few weeks so it doesn't sit too long.

All in all, the truck runs great. Here is the good:
    Runs like a bat out of hell. Previous owner replaced the drive train from the fan blades and engine to the rear diff (he owns a garage, and I used to work for him years ago)
    jasper motor (prob 10 years ago now...but only maybe 12000 miles on it)
    700r4 trans rebuilt by county transmission (same as above)
    Rear diff (same as above)
    New radiator and water pump in the last year
    registered at 10001 lbs so no emissions needed in northern VA
    Frame is solid
    Pushes snow like a tractor. Makes a new F250 look like a toy
    Dual battery setup
    good tires

It does need a few things to make it perfect...
    Transfer Case (I smoked one 3 years ago and replaced it with a junk one, which then leaked and ran dry). So 4wd doesnt work. no problem in 2wd NP209 case
    spreader shaft is bent. It wasn't hit. It sat in my buddy's lot last summer and when I put it on this season it was bent.
    Driver's floor board is rusted through. Hole is small.
    Tailgate opens with a screwdriver, not the handle
    Body is rusty. Typical of its age.

Truck has been reliable for me since I have owned it. I will get a VA inspection sticker on it before it is sold. Truck is sold as-is.

Email is t losecco (at) gmail (dot) com

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

2. tinffx

tinffx Member

great plow truck for cheap!!!