1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1987 GMC 2500 Diesel what is it worth

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by App SnowRemoval, Aug 24, 2010.

1. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

I found a 1987 gmc 2500 diesel for sale and the truck also has a boss v plow on the front of it in fair condition. They are asking 4000 for it but the truck does have alot of rust in the under the body but frame not to bad. I was going to offer 3500 is it worth it or a night mare??????????
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Depending on the rust level, could be worth it. I would go 2500, sight unseen, if it ran and drove fairly well.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That truck has the 6.2 right. I wouldn't touch it for free.
  4. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Don't do it, not especially for 4g. There are better diesel deals out there. I would value truck around 2,500 and that's only because of the v
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

I wouldn't touch it.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The 6.2 is a good engine, just not a power maker. Seems high, but depends on the condition.
  7. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Do yourself a favor. If possible go NICE. I have the 6.5 and love it but not the 6.2. Not much on power when you need it.