Snow Plowing Forum banner

1987 Ford Bronco 4x4 (Full Size)

409 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  derekbroerse 
#1 ·
My brother's boss is getting ready to sell his 1987 Bronco. Seems he was stranded due to a bad alternator (replaced now) but his wife is giving him flack to get rid of it.

I saw the truck yesterday. He is the original owner. It has the torquey 300CI (4.9L) straight six and a four speed manual tranny, manual locking hubs. It has been RustChecked yearly since new until this year, as he put the first dent in it in the fall (and a second one this winter). The one I saw was on the rear quarter ahead of the bumper... never even noticed the second. Has a small rust hole thru the gas-filler door, and the startings of rust on the bottoms of the rockers (not visible on a walk-by). Other than that, it is clean.

It has a new NOS Ford tailgate on it (I didn't ask why). Apparantly, it had an aftermarket one on it for a while and he didn't like it so be bought a new NOS one.

Also has a recent heater core.

He figures it needs tires for safety.

The truck is grey with a red interior. My brother tells me he is quite anal about keeping it clean, as it was his 'sactuary' away from his family :D (we all need that sometimes). Truck is completely unmolested and very presentable. He drives it every day. It has 140k on it, so his wife is telling him to get rid of it. Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that I have a rebuilt engine to fit this for sale ;)

I can probably get this truck for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested. For the right offer I would include the 1984 pickup for parts with the new engine.

The truck is located in New York, he works in Tonawanda. I am located about 20 minutes away on the Ontario side of the border.

Would there be any interest in this truck on this forum? I think it would make an excellent plow truck, especially for residential work. I don't need any more vehicles and am not into Fords in the first place, but even I liked the truck.

Any ballpark ideas of value, or what he should be asking? At this point, he is researching what it is worth so there is no For Sale sign even on it yet, you guys are getting first tip-off about it.

I'm sure we can get some pictures thru my brother...

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I didn't hear anything about it again for a few weeks, so I asked him. Turns out he was supposed to tell me I could have it for $350US if I wanted it!!! I just about died when he told me that--and that it had sold to a total stranger for $400...

I never sold the '84 pickup and haven't had the heart to scrap it either (or advertise it since) so if anyone needs a rebuilt 4.9L inline six its still around.... ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.