1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1987 Chevy dually (not 4x4) need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mike From LI, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Mike From LI

Mike From LI Junior Member

I purchased a meyers plow set up for a 1987 4x4 and I have a 4x2 dually, I am having a lot of trouble with mounting the plow fram to the chasis. Can anyone tell me if this can be done or am I wasting my time???
  2. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

Are you sure you have the right mount for your truck? The mount should bolt right up.
  3. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

the frame on a 4wd and 2wd are totally different. if you don't want to end up doing a whole lot of fabricating i would go find a 2wd mounting frame.
  4. crete5245

crete5245 Member

They do not make a factory frame mount for the 2wd. I tried to buy one for my 77 frame. The dealer said they do not make one.. They make a universal one with big C channel bent, but it looks more like ones for the 2 ton trucks.

I ended up haveing my schools welding and machine shops make a mount that would work on my truck... It took many of tries and start overs to make it work...All faberication..... Still trying to work the kinks out... the big problem is the support on the dirvers side.There is no way to get a metal rod or plate back to the frame, the steering box is in the way. The passanger side is no problem.

Good luck and start early on the faberication so you can get it done before the snow flies..
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Shoulda bought a 4x4 huh?