1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1987 CASE 480E backhoe loader F/S

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fireboy6413, Mar 6, 2014.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I recently aqquired this machine thru a buddy of mine, the machine was used for plowing at a local hospital. The backhoe has 6000 hrs on the meter and runs great, it needs sheet metal work in the cab area, im trying to locate a lower cab but i havent had much luck. Also needs : belt tensioner, battery, a few hoses replaced, air cleaner assembly, parking brake cable, disc and pads, and alternator. Machine has EROPS and all glass is their and intact with no cracks. Machine starts right up, and drives well. I recently used it to moved 20 tons of ashalt and it worked out great. I bought the machine as a project, however i have no way of transporting it, so all in all its to big for what i need so whats the point. Transmission is starting to sweat a bit when it sits, oil pan can use a new gasket. I have all the manuals for it, owners, parts, and service. Machine sat unused for approx 8-9 years, they heard a clunking noise coming from underneath the machine, so the local dealer they were using for service, stop selling case, so they called CAT in and CAT told them the transmission is shot so we can sell you a new machine, they said nope, parked it and thats how i got it. So i get it home drive it around a bit and cone to the conclusion the parking brake is the culprit. The disc is striped from the shaft and just dangles. The shaft is fine with no damage, the disc only is damaged. Id like to sell it quick, i just bought a john deere 1070, and am now looking at several mini excavators. So these funds will be used for the excavator. I was asking $6500.00 for it, but i will except any descent offer to get this thing moved. Im willing to ship, but you are responsable for setting up the shipping, ill just load it for you. Thank you for looking machine is located in rockland county new york. Also rear tire are calcium filled. Will post pics this afternoon.

2. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

Pm sen to you

3. fireboy6413

Cant post pics from iphone, PM me and ill text them or email to you.

4. fireboy6413

Bump fir today open to offers wanna move this thing need soace

5. fireboy6413

Sorry to all the pms i havent been on for a bit, will get pics tomorrow