1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 Toyota 4x4 Regular Cab Installing a plow

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Riceyoung, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Riceyoung

Riceyoung Junior Member
    from TN

I live in TN and own a small sweeping company. This year I decided to get a small 4x4 and do snow plowing the 4-6 times it snows as an added extra for my clients. The Problem is I have no idea to how to mount it. I bought both off of eBay and am now looking for help on how to install it. I bought the plow that is a 6.5 footunknown

to on this truck

Any help by anyone would great on how and where to mount this bad boy.
  2. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

I havent a clue but if you get no responses after a few days I would try the main snow plow forum, those guys know thier stuff.
  3. Murf67

Murf67 Member

What a Project!!!

I have a 94 4runner that I put a meyers EZ mount on. The mounting carton bolts directly to the engine mount cradle. What you have their looks like an old western 6.5or 6.8. with the hyd mounted on the motor. The hydro pump mount is veh. specific. I guees you could go to the western site above, give them some #s and see if they can help. The good thing is that the older the Toy is more equipment was available through the various manufacturers. As chainlink said, Drop a thread on the main repair forum....guys like Plowman etc. know there stuff. Don't give up !!! Many dealers told me that my equipment was not made anymore (including the Factory) but I found it!!!! and I found it NEW and got it RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY!!! You need to cotact the right people who know what they are talking about. If you can find the mounting carton for your year Toy THATS HALF THE BATTLE AND ELIMINATES ALOT OF WELDING..... wORSE COMES TO WORSE YOU CAN THEN BUY AN ELCTRIC OVERHYDRO PUMP
    Good luck and Happy Welding!!!
  4. Murf67

Murf67 Member

Drop a thread or PM Plowmwn6977 he sold me my blade....he knows his stuff and is always more than willing to help.....let us know have you make out...By the way TOYOTA is a great plow Truck!!!!! :drinkup:
  5. Murf67

Murf67 Member

Sorry for the spelling....PLOWMAN6977